Friday, August 14, 2009

For the Golden Haired Angel I Once Knew

I saw your gorgeous eyes, dancing in the moonlight
my heart skipped, my emotions ran, it was a great fright
to fall in love with a beauty I had never seen before
how I love being with her laying on the grassy floor

On the lawn we talked that night, the games we played
she left, then came back, she needed to sleep, so she stayed
in my lap, her gentle eyes closed, her chest barely rising,
in my head emotions conflicted, a plan began devising

Her golden hair, so curled, so freefalling, glowing
like a victorian era angel, her skin barely showing
I refused to move, for seven hours, I let her rest
I never even kissed her, I resisted my best

I promised to see her again, and we met up only once more
I found out she had another, my honor held steadfast, a chore
I lost sight and word of her for many days, till she hailed me with news
she was to be a mother, and give herself away to him, she would choose

My the child be strong
the marriage be long
may she forever be happy the rest of her days
as I fall back into my dreaded, darkened ways

Like a dagger, it plunged into me, the pain bled out
I felt ill, couldn't care, couldn't feel, refused to shout
I loved her, I had my chance, I let it go, and this is my prize
a chained up heard, love lorn, broken, seeing only lies

Even now I can't get her out of my mind, my dreams
I try my damndest but everything reminds me of her, it seems ....
If she reads this, so be it, I will not interfere, I will avoid a rift
I shall not ruin your happiness, to you, I bequeath this gift

My love for you, golden angel, burns forever bright
shining in the brightest sky, and in the darkest night,
I lay now, my head, my soul, and body to rest,
for you, him and your future ward, I give my best .....

Feel no pity for me, leave me forgotten in your memories
let not my emotions bring forth stormy, deadly seas
you chose him for a reason, keep him close, hold steadfast
leave me behind where I should stay, faded memory, silhouette mirage of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment